Monday 12 October 2015

Chapter 5: Spiders are scary

It had been three days since they had gone into the forest, that's how long she thought they had been in the forest, they had slept three times so that's probably how long they had been in there. One thing Idalia really didn’t like about this forest was that it was even darker in here than it was outside, so it was almost pitch black in there. The second thing was that she felt like she was being watched,constantly, and not just because Jade and Mud kept looking back to glare at her for saying not to go into the forest holding them up for a day. They had eventually won when they said they’d leave her behind, so not wanting to do the walk of shame back to the town she followed them. The reason why as previously stated was that there would be many animals in there to hide from the rain,  and most of them were probably not friendly.

“I-I think we’re near the end,” exclaimed Jade.
“Really! How do you know that?” Firus asked turning back to look at Jade.
“Well when I went to the village near ours I remember seeing this rock.”
“Oh whoop de do we’re getting out of the forest that you MADE us go in, also how much longer is it  going to take?” Idalia said butting into the conversation.
“hmm about, three days,”
That did not please the masses, of about three animals.
So they continued walking at a brisker pace than before. After a few hours they heard a scream? Jade froze and looked down the path they were walking.
“Hey uh Firus, you see anything down there?”
“It uh looks like a wolf, I think but what is that behind her?”
Mud looked and said, “Looks like spiders,”
“Huh, what? Spiders? what are you guys talking about?” Idalia asked as she hurried up. “Umm are those humongous spiders chasing that wolf?”
“Yes.” was the reply as everyone stood dumbfounded.
“Wait! The wolf is running this way.”
“Should we umm run?”
“Wow that thought never crossed my mind, great thinking Idalia.” Jade replied.
“No really it's getting closer, we really should run.” Idalia turned around and started to run in the other direction, only Idalia. Firus,Mud and Jade stood transfixed. Well if those idiots want to die they can stay there and get eaten by spider, but not Firus, he was the only one who was nice to me! I can’t let him be eaten by spiders. Idalia sighed as she turned around and ran towards Firus.
“Come on Firus, let's go! Do you have a death wish?”
“No, not really.”
“Then what are you still doing here?!”
Firus turned to her, “I don't think that wolf there has a death wish either so maybe we should help her.”
“Ugh Firus, but if I die I want you to know its your fault.”
Jade leaned forward and looked at Idalia, “Shut up we need the element of surprise to beat those things, geez the things are as large as the wolf. Jade hoped into the undergrowth next to her part of the path, followed by Mud. Firus ran to the other side. Idalia sat for a minute confused but hopped after Firus with a sigh.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dragons’ breath rasped in her throat, at this pace the darn spiders would catch up and eat her. Hearing voices ahead she opened her eyes and looked up, four animals! She, she was saved! Then the smallest one turned around and ran away. No no no!  Dragon wanted to yell, you're supposed to help me come back. The foxes steps faltered and she turned back and ran back, she talked with the wolf and then sat down. Another fox looked at and yelled at the first fox then jumped into the forest followed by the larger fox then the wolf hopped into the forest too, and after a few seconds the smallest fox joined him. What in the world? Are they running away like the fox? She kept running the heard
“Aim for the legs!” Then the four animals leaped at the spiders. Two foxes leaped at one, the wolf leaped at another, and the smaller fox leaped at the larger spiders back. Dragon helped the wolf with one spider. After a few minutes Dragon and the wolf had finally defeated the spider. Dragon looked up and saw the fox on the back of the spider, just the back. The spider's legs had been chewed off.

Authors note:
Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I’ve been working on another story. I know what I want to happen with this story, I just don’t know how to do it. So I’m going to keep trying to write this one but it might be a while before I post. I’m going to be working on my new blog http://thecrooksseries.blogspot.com/
more. Also I wanted to get this chapter out so there might be a few grammar and writing mistakes.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Pretty much yeah, I am working on a new blog though, I'm still editing the prologue and first chapter though

      Delete